Implement support for a MikroTik RouterBoard (mips32)
|Reported by:||Jakub Jermář||Owned by:||Martin Decky|
|Blocker for:||Depends on:|
Description (last modified by )
Implement support for one of the RouterBoards such as MikroTik RouterBoard RB435G.
- RouterBoard RB435G is an extensible board that can serve as a single-board router and be a central part of your home network. It features MIPS single-core CPU, 256MB of RAM, micro-SD card slot and 3 ethernet ports. The machine is well documented and can be used as a model hardware for the network usability of HelenOS. Basic support for RB435G is within the reach of a single trimester work.
HelenOS supports the mips32 architecture, but so far has been ported only to MIPS R4000 and MIPS 4Kc CPUs. The RouterBoard has a MIPS 24K processor so this project will require some kernel code modifications.
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- RouterBoard RB435G would be a good demonstrator for HelenOS to show that HelenOS is capable of a full-fledged routing functionality.
- Medium to High
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will need to have very good skills in programming in the C language and the ability to learn how to drive hardware based on various information sources (official documentation, source code of other operating system projects). Low-level kernel programming experience is a plus.
- RB435G Homepage
- MIPS manuals on HelenOS wiki
- MIPS32 24K Processor Core Family Software User’s Manual
- MIPS Classic Processor Cores on Imagination Technologies web
- RB354 page on OpenWRT web
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Jakub Jermar
Change History (5)
comment:1 by , 8 years ago
|Summary:||Implement support for a MikroTik RouterBoard → Implement support for a MikroTik RouterBoard (mips32)|