Implement Turris Omnia support (arm32)
|Reported by:||jermar||Owned by:||svoboda|
|Blocker for:||Depends on:|
Description (last modified by jermar)
Implement support for Turris Omnia open-source router.
- Turris Omnia is an open-hardware router for home use. It features dual-core ARM CPU, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage and 5 LAN ports. The machine is well documented and can be used as a model hardware for the network usability of HelenOS. Turris Omnia offers a lot of functionality (including USB, WiFi or SIM card slot) thus a complete support would require more than 3 monts but basic functionality is within the reach of a single trimester work.
HelenOS supports the ARMv7-A architecture, including the Cortext-A8 processor, but has not yet been ported to a Cortex-A9 processor used by Turris Omnia. This project will therefore require some kernel and platform code modifications.
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- Turris Omnia would be a good demonstrator for HelenOS to show that HelenOS is capable of a full-fledged routing functionality.
- Medium to High
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will need to have very good skills in programming in the C language and the ability to learn how to drive hardware based on various information sources (official documentation, source code of other operating system projects). Kernel developmanet experience is a plus.
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Jakub Jermar
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 14 months ago by jermar
- Summary changed from Implement Turris Omnia support to Implement Turris Omnia support (arm32)