Implement support for Creator Ci40 (mips32)
|Reported by:||jermar||Owned by:||decky|
|Blocker for:||Depends on:|
Description (last modified by jermar)
Implement support for Creator Ci40 single-board computer.
- Creator Ci40 is an extensible board meant for Internet-of-Things. It serves as a hub for sensors and actuators, connecting them to the network. It features dual-core, dual-threaded MIPS interAptiv CPU, 256MB of RAM, micro-SD card slot, ethernet and 6LoWPAN connectivity to the Clicker modules (e.g. thermometer). Basic support for Ci40 is within the reach of a single trimester work.
HelenOS supports the mips32 architecture, but so far has been ported only to MIPS R4000 and MIPS 4Kc CPUs. Creator Ci40 has a MIPS32 interAptive processor so this project will require some kernel code modifications.
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- Creator Ci40 would be a good demonstrator for HelenOS to show that HelenOS could be deployed as the controller for IoT gadgets.
- Medium to High
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will need to have very good skills in programming in the C language and the ability to learn how to drive hardware based on various information sources (official documentation, source code of other operating system projects). Experience with kernel-level programming is a plus.
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Jakub Jermar
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 14 months ago by jermar
- Summary changed from Implement support for Creator Ci40 to Implement support for Creator Ci40 (mips32)