Driver for ISO 9660 (cdfs) filesystem
|Reported by:||Jiri Svoboda||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||fs, suggestion, gsoc10||Cc:||jakub@…|
|Blocker for:||Depends on:|
Description (last modified by )
Implement a native HelenOS driver for the ISO 9660 file system, possibly with appropriate extensions (Joliet).
- The new driver should be realized as a standalone server process which plugs itself into the HelenOS VFS framework and implements the VFS and libfs interfaces in the ISO 9660 specific way.
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- This will allow us to read CD and DVD images and media. This feature is not only an expected capability of each operating system that aims to be practically usable, but it will also enable HelenOS to boot directly from a CD/DVD medium without the need to use a RAM disk.
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will have good skills of programming in the C language and also the ability to program in a multi-server environment, which includes communicating using HelenOS IPC.
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Jakub Jermar, Martin Decky
Change History (16)
comment:10 by , 14 years ago
|Summary:||Driver for ISO 9660 filesystem → Driver for ISO 9660 (cdfs) filesystem|
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.