|Version 37 (modified by 14 years ago) ( diff ),|
Release Notes for HelenOS Trunk
Note: This document is a draft describing a future HelenOS release and is subject to change. The software described here has not been released yet. To get these latest and greatest features now, check out our Bazaar head. (But you will also get the latest bugs).
HelenOS version (codename) was released on date.
This document contains a summary of changes made to HelenOS since release 0.4.1.
Special Notes for this Release
Features Introduced in This Release
- The project switched to Bazaar VCS.
- The ia32 port can be run in VirtualBox again.
- Experimental support for building using Clang.
Services and Drivers
- ATA Disk Driver
- Now works with real disks and supports 48-bit LBA.
- Added MBR Partition Driver
- Improved I/O error handling.
- The FAT file system is now more robust against malformed on-disk file system data.
- New Text Editor
- Added edit, a simple text editor.
- Build system
- Parallel builds are now supported.
- Spawned task now inherits the current working directory from the spawner task.
Regressions in This Release
- For the known bugs, please see the list of defects logged for the next releases.