Driver for AMD Lance network card clone
|Reported by:||jermar||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||gsoc10, gsoc11, gsoc12, gsoc13, gsoc14, gsoc15, gsoc16, gsoc17||Cc:|
|Blocker for:||Depends on:|
Description (last modified by decky)
Implement a native HelenOS driver for one or more clones of the AMD Lance network interface card.
- The new driver should be realized as a module which plugs itself into the HelenOS networking stack and implements the network interface card interface in the AMD Lance specific way.
There appears to be several clones of AMD Lance (a.k.a. Am79C90), The driver should be implemented with this in mind to provide support for the widest range of Am79C90 clones.
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- HelenOS will be able to make use of its networking capability on a wider spectrum of machines and virtual environments that (only) have the AMD Lance NIC.
- Medium to high
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will have good skills of programming in the C language and the ability to learn and use HelenOS specific I/O functions. A successful applicant should have a fair understanding of the workings of the networking stack and the NICF too.
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Jakub Jermar, Martin Decky, Jiri Svoboda