|Version 1 (modified by 14 years ago) ( diff ),|
An effort to design a high-level programming language for writing HelenOS severs and applications.
|Sysel Bootstrap Interpreter (SBI)||In progress||Interpreter of Sysel written in C. Runs in HelenOS and POSIX.|
|Sysel Compiler Toolkit (NNPS)||Not started||Modular compiler of Sysel written in Sysel itself. To produce C and/or LLVM IR.|
SBI is an interpreter of Sysel currently in development. It is available stand-alone for POSIX or integrated in HelenOS (only in Bazaar repository, not yet in a stable release). You can run it with the command "
sbi source_file.sy". Demos that you can run are available in
/src/sysel/demos. Source files comprising the library are in
You can also run
sbi without parameters to enter interactive mode.
Synopsis of current SBI features
- Primitive types: bool, char, int, string
- Compound types: class, multi-dimensional array
- Objective features: inheritance, grandfather class, static and non-static method invocation
- Syntactic sugar: variadic functions, accessor methods (named and indexed)
- Arithmetic: big integers, addition, subtraction, multiplication
- Static type checking (mostly), Exception handling
- Bindings: Text file I/O, WriteLine, Exec
Missing SBI features
- boolean operations (and, or, not)
- builtin object methods/properties
- static/nonstatic checking
- static class variables
- generic types
- method and operator overloading