|Version 17 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Release Notes for HelenOS mainline
Note: This document is a draft describing a future HelenOS release and is subject to change. The software described here has not been released yet. To get these latest and greatest features now, check out our Bazaar mainline. (But you will also get the latest bugs).
HelenOS version (codename) was released on date.
This document contains a summary of changes made to HelenOS since release previous release.
Special Notes for this Release
Features Introduced in This Release
- Simple windowing GUI
- Audio support
- Support for BeagleBoard XM and BeagleBone
- Support for LEON3 (SPARC V8)
- Support for Raspberry Pi
- Tasks are allowed to terminate even if they have unanswered IPC messages.
- Support for guard pages.
- Support for large user stacks.
- Kernel serial driver for arm32/IntegratorCP
- Scrollback support in the kernel debugging console
Services and Drivers
- CMOS real time clock driver
- Input driver for the isdv4 tablet
- Sound Blaster 16 audio driver (works in QEMU)
- Intel High Definition Audio driver
- Driver for the Realtek 8169 and compatible Ethernet adapters
- Mouse on IntegratorCP is now supported
inputserver now supports Arabic keyboard layout.
- Added Remote framebuffer protocol (a.k.a. VNC) server
- Converted some drivers to DDF (ata_bd, pl050)
- The read-only
ext2fsserver was superseded by a more complete
ext4fsserver, with write support and some aspects of ext3 and ext4.
- Read-only UDF support in the new
- CDFS now supports the Joliet extension to ISO 9660 (Unicode long file names)
- Display disk usage / free space information —
nicutility to query and manipulate the state of the present NIC adapters
- Initial IPv6 support
- DNS host name resolution
- Automatic network configuration via DHCP
- SLIP protocol support
- HTTP downloader tool
- Usability improvements of the
untarutility (non-compressed tarballs only)
wavplayplays Wave Audio File format (.wav) files
modplayplays Amiga-style tracker modules (.mod, .xm)
- New automatically resizing hash table container type.
- Userspace logging framework and
printf()support for floating point numbers.
Regressions in This Release
- For the list of regressions since the previous release, see this report.
- Notable regressions
Fixed Logged Bugs & Enhancements
- For the list of all logged defects fixed in this release, see this report.
- For the list of all logged enhancements integrated in this release, see this report.