|Version 1 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
HelenOS Coding Style Standard
- Names' words shall be separated by underscore "_".
- Types shall be suffixed with "_t".
- Macros shall be upper case.
- Use sensible, descriptive names.
- Only use English names.
- Variables with a large scope should have long names, variables with a small scope can have short names.
- Use name prefixes for identifiers declared in different modules.
Indentation and Spacing
- Do not use spaces for indentation, except for long line wrapping purposes.
- Consider breaking long lines at 80-character boundary. The wrapped line should continue indented four spaces to the right of the original indentation.
- Braces shall follow "K&R Bracing Style".
- Braces shall be indented 1 tab to the right of the starting position of the enclosing statement or declaration.
- Braces without any contents may be placed on the same line.
- Each statement shall be placed on a line on its own.
- All binary arithmetic, bitwise and assignment operators and the ternary conditional operator (? shall be surrounded by spaces; the comma operator shall be followed by a space but not preceded; all other operators shall not be used with spaces.
- Comments shall be written in English.
- Multiline comments begin with "*" on each inner line.
- Use Doxygen style comments for documenting functions.
- All comments shall be placed above the line the comment describes, indented identically.
- Every function shall have a comment that describes its purpose.
- New lines are represented by the LF ('\n') character. Do not use CR + LF or CR.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.