Graphics stack (GUI) improvements
|Reported by:||jermar||Owned by:|
|Blocker for:||Depends on:|
Description (last modified by jermar)
The HelenOS native GUI environment should be further improved and extended.
HelenOS features a compositing GUI described in Petr Koupy's master thesis (see below). The GUI is fairly basic and offers vast room for improvements. The goal of this project is to implement a reasonable subset of the following.
- support for direct rendering in graphic driver infrastructure
- more drawing operations in drawing library (lines, curves, polygons, circles, etc.)
- retained scene description in drawing library
- hardware acceleration of drawing library
- better quality of drawing library output (advanced filtering, antialiasing)
- better precision of drawing library output (floating point coordinates and pixels)
- support for more image and font formats in drawing library
- more widgets in widget toolkit (menu bars, scrolls bars, edit boxes, list boxes, etc.)
- support to minimize and maximize windows
- desktop environment (task bar, icons)
- improvements of terminal emulator (resizing, scrolling, history)
- console applications awareness of resizing and termination of their terminal emulator
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- HelenOS will become more usable and more user-friendly and visually appealing.
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will have good skills of programming in the C language and the ability to survive in a non-standard non-POSIX environment. Previous experience with a graphics stack implementation would be beneficial.
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Martin Decky
Change History (4)
comment:2 Changed 14 months ago by jermar
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Graphical stack (GUI) improvements to Graphics stack (GUI) improvements
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.