VFS to FUSE connector
Description (last modified by )
Implement a connector between the HelenOS VFS server and FUSE.
- The VFS-to-FUSE connector should act as an endpoint file system server task which plugs itself into the HelenOS VFS framework and implements the VFS output protocol, and also interface with or mimic the libfuse library. The individual FUSE file system implementation can either directly link to the connector or run as a separate server task.
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- This should allow us to add a lot of file system implementations just by porting them from other systems with FUSE support.
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will have good skills of programming in the C language and also the ability to program in a multi-server environment, which includes communicating using HelenOS IPC.
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Jakub Jermar, Martin Decky
Change History (14)
comment:5 by , 14 years ago
|Implement support for FUSE → VFS to FUSE connector
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.