Implement support for Ben NanoNote (mips32)
|Reported by:||decky||Owned by:||decky|
|Keywords:||gsoc13, gsoc14, gsoc15, gsoc16, gsoc17||Cc:|
|Blocker for:||Depends on:|
Implement support for the Ben NanoNote small form factor computer (mips32 little-endian architecture).
- Ben NanoNote is a small form factor portable computer based on the Ingenic Semiconductor JZ4740 SoC (MIPS-II compatible 32bit CPU). The machine is extremely well documented (there are practically no proprietary undocumented hardware components) and while its extensibility is limited to an SDIO port, it can be used as a model hardware for HelenOS since a complete support for it is within the reach of a single trimester work.
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- Ben NanoNote would be an ideal demonstrator for HelenOS because it is portable, compact and a complete support for all internal components and common peripherals is within practical reach.
- Medium to High
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will need to have very good skills in programming in the C language and the ability to learn how to drive hardware based on various information sources (official documentation, source code of other operating system projects).
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Martin Decky
Change History (7)
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by decky
- Summary changed from Implement support for Ben NanoNote to Implement support for Ben NanoNote (mips32)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.