Implement support for Lemote Fuloong/Yeeloong (mips64)
|Reported by:||Martin Decky||Owned by:||Martin Decky|
|Keywords:||gsoc12, gsoc13, gsoc14, gsoc15, gsoc16, gsoc17||Cc:|
|Blocker for:||Depends on:|
Description (last modified by )
Implement support for Lemote Fuloong and/or Yeeloong machines (mips64 little-endian architecture).
- Fuloong is a mini-PC and Yeeloong is a netbook built by Lemote and based on the Loongson 2F CPU, which is itself a MIPS64-derived CPU developed at the Institute of Computing Technology at Chinese Academy of Sciences. Both machines use industry-standard components such as a PCI bus, USB, SATA, etc. They use the U-boot boot loader as a firmware and runs Linux. The goal of this ticket is to implement at least a basic support for either machine, i.e. support for booting, memory management, framebuffer output, PCI support, USB support and USB keyboard support.
- What Gains and Benefits will this bring?
- The Lemote machines are decent and state-of-the-art desktop/netbook machines with a 64bit MIPS CPU and very popular in the academia not only in China. Implementing HelenOS support for the Loongson CPU should hint any possible portability issues in HelenOS and it should also improve some minor functionality aspects of the kernel.
- Required skills
- A successful applicant will need to have very good skills in programming in the C language and the ability to learn how to drive hardware based on various information sources (official documentation in English and Chinese, source code of other operating system projects and emulators).
- Possible mentors
- HelenOS Core Team, Martin Decky
Change History (7)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.